Reports and Presentations
The Marine Invasive Species Program reports to the California Legislature on a variety of program activities. The reports are listed below. Staff also give presentations on invasive species and reducing the risk of shipping mediated nonindigenous species introductions. These presentations are given to audiences at conferences and meetings throughout the world.
Reports on Marine Invasive Species Program Activities
Treatment Technology Reports and Updates
Assessments of the Efficacy, Availability, and Environmental Impacts of Ballast Water Treatment Technologies for Use in California Waters
- Biofouling Report - Commercial Vessel Fouling in California: Analysis, Evaluation, and Recommendations to Reduce Nonindigenous Species Release from the Non-Ballast Water Vector, 2006
- Performance Standards Report - Report on Performance Standards for Ballast Water Discharges in California Waters, 2006
- California and Federal Comparison Report - California's Marine Invasive Species Program and the United States federal programs that manage vessels as vectors of nonindigenous species: A comparison of the relative effectiveness at reducing the risk of nonindigenous species introductions from maritime shipping activities, 2013
- Webinar on California Biofouling Management Regulations: First Year Update
The Marine Invasive Species Program presented a webinar in October 2018 to provide an update on the implementation of California’s biofouling management regulations. The webinar specifically focuses on improving clarity for specific requirements that have been commonly deficient during inspections during the first year of implementation.
- Webinar on California Biofouling Management Regulations
The Marine Invasive Species Program presented a webinar in September 2017 to provide clarity and guidance about California's new biofouling management regulations to minimize the transfer into state waters of nonindigenous species from vessels arriving at California ports.
Customer Service Meeting (September 26, 2017)
Customer Service Meeting (February 22, 2017)
Pacific Ballast Water Group Presentations (March 29, 2016)
- California's Marine Invasive Species Program (N. Dobroski, CSLC)
- Two halves make a whole: Adding biofouling regulations to the mix to manage the entire vessel as a vector (C. Scianni, 2016)
- Ballast Water Management and Enforcement 2006-2015 (C. Brown, CSLC)
- Antifouling coatings used on vessels arriving at California ports (R. Nedelcheva, CSLC)
- Ballast Water Treatment System use in California (J. Thompson, CSLC)
Contact a program representative to request other Marine Invasive Species Program presentations.