Marine Invasive Species Program (MISP)
The California Marine Invasive Species Program is charged with preventing or minimizing the introduction of nonindigenous species to California Waters from vessels over 300 gross registered tons, capable of carrying ballast water. MISP Information Sheet.
- Notice of proposed rulemaking for Article 4.8 – Biofouling Management Regulations – 45 day comment period
- 2015 Biennial Report on the California Marine Invasive Species Program
- Letter to Agents regarding the requirement to submit the Hull Husbandry Reporting Form and Ballast Water Treament Technology Reporting Forms (Updated January 15, 2015)
- 2014 Assessment of the Efficacy, Availability, and Environmental Impacts of Ballast Water Treatment Technologies for Use in California Waters
The report to the California Legislature was approved by the Commission on August 15, 2014. The report reviews the latest information on ballast water treatment technology performance relative to the California performance standards for the discharge of ballast water.
- Letter to Ship Owners and Agents clarifying California ballast water management requirements in the Pacific Coast Region. Map of Pacific Coast Region included. (Updated August 19, 2014)
- Changes to implementation schedule for ballast water discharge performance standards. (Updated October 8, 2013)
With the passage of Senate Bill 814, the California Legislature has changed the implementation schedule for California's ballast water discharge performance standards.
- Letter to Agents regarding the use of US Coast Guard accepted Alternative Management Systems (AMS) for vessels operating in California waters (Updated June 12, 2013).
Nicole Dobroski, (916) 574-0742, Environmental Program Manager
Christopher Brown, (916) 574-0236, Compliance and Enforcement
Jackie Mackay, (562) 499-6312, MISP Recordkeeping
Chris Scianni, (916) 574-0209, Biofouling Management
Jonathan Thompson, (916) 574-2276, Ballast Water Performance Standards/Treatment Technologies
California Relay Service:
From TDD Phone ... (800) 735-2933 | From Voice Phone ... (800) 735-2929